Sunday, April 24, 2011

Re-do

So, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to organize my blog posts by topic, which you can read about here. You can save yourself some time, though, and just add the "Labels" widget to your blog's page and do the same thing (read more here).

I also spent a lot of time looking into free backup software and settled on Toucan. However, the generalness of Toucan sort of lost its appeal when I wanted to select some sub-folders within a folder and move them from on place to another. It was either move the whole folder and delete what I did not want or move the folders individually. So, I just backed everything up and forgot about it.

Also, the purpose of my blog keeps on a-changing and, even though the goal is still to blog about my projects, I have not been making what you would call "progress" on my projects for reasons tangentially related to them. Also, oublishing about my projects puts the actual, future publication at risk of being stolen and published first by some one more competent. Thus, it is time to expand, revamp, and oublish about whatever the hell I want.

So, delete, reset, pick a new background photo, and go, right?

1 comment: