Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Hello, World"

When I first created this blog a few months ago, I wanted it to be a jounal of all of the research and educational projects that I am working on. My first post was intended to be a formal mission statement that outlined all of the projects am currently working on or will be working on in the future. Following that would be the development of each project. Unfortunately, as I began writing, I realized that I did not know as much as I thought and put off the task of blogging until I did some more research.

Eventually, I realized that by the time I do enough research to blog about the entity that I want, I would have the project finished. Thinking about blogging turned into a means of motivation for developing my projects, but no real blogging has thus far taken place... Until now.

Revamping my strategy, I have decided to blog a stream of consciousness of sorts: listing the steps that I have to take to further my projects, describing what I do/don't understand, mentioning a random new thing that I stumbled upon, talking in circles, etc.; then blog about what I learned as a result of taking those steps. In effect, I suppose, this accomplished my original goal, but makes the writing/blogging process easier to handle.

One of the first tasks that I have assigned myself is to see if I can organize archived, older blogs by something other than the date it was published (e.g. the particular project that the blog relates to).

Ready? Go!

1 comment: